Blog Archive

Friday 23 August 2013

I think man flu has crossed over . . .


My reasoning is set out below, but bearing in mind I have now been ill for 16 days, sore throat, voice loss, hacking cough, aches, pains, migraine, sickness in fact is has gone on so long I can't remember getting a good nights sleep or actually feeling human.  
Also I DO hold to the strategy of "live for today" and I know my immune system is knackered - hence the shingles - simples - I do in fact have the female version of man flu!
part of Telegraph article Jan 2013:
" . . .  new research suggests that they are not faking it and that they suffer diseases more seriously and for longer.
Scientists believe it is the male predilection for a "live fast, die young" lifestyle that means in evolutionary terms they have failed to build up their immune systems like females.
That means that they not only catch more diseases but they tend to suffer more seriously, and for longer, from them.
A team at the University of Cambridge came up with the theory by applying a mathematical model to the various factors that characterise males and females"
Don't want to steal your thunder Lee - I'm sure you're still suffering more than me - well actually Rachel is probably suffering more from the moaning, but hope we're all better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment