Blog Archive

Sunday 14 August 2011

Garden mystery

Whilst doing a bit of essential pruning in the garden this weekend (sorry Malcolm but it was ESSENTIAL I made two interesting discoveries in as many seconds.

Bird nest
The first was a superbly built bird nest - sadly unused - which was low down in a holly bush in a quiet corner of the garden.   The nest was well camoflagued, but a rather long piece of plastic drew my attention to its presence as I pruned the holly back to prevent laceration as I worked. 

Mystery in the garden
The second discovery was on the holly leaves I had removed, where tiny almost smudges of white fibres were attached to the underside of the leaves.   So far I haven't been able to find out what they are, but my oracles are being tested as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment